- Presentations will be 20 minutes in length, with 15 minutes for the presentation, and 5 minutes for questions and discussion.
- Presentations must be in MS Powerpoint format or pdf format, readable by Adobe Acrobat (this is an excellent alternative for speakers preparing presentations in non-Windows environments; see below).
- A PC laptop and LCD projector will be used for presentations.
- Speakers will not be permitted use of their own laptops.
- Apple Macintosh laptops will not be used for any presentations.
- A PC laptop will be available for speakers to check their presentations before their sessions.
- A laser pointer will be available for all speakers.
- Speakers will be required to provide their presentations to their session leaders at least 15 minutes prior to the commencement of their sessions, on one of the following media:
Alternatively, speakers will also be able to upload their presentations at any time during session breaks, and will be assisted by conference volunteers.
- USB memory stick.
- Compact disc.
Using Adobe Acrobat for presentations
- Most of you will most likely create your presentations in MS Powerpoint. If you've done so, then select to Export your presentation as a pdf file.
- Depending on your version of Powerpoint, you may be presented with several options for Export, including Screen, Print, or Press Optimization. I suggest that you select Print or Press, since image resolution tends to be too low when using Screen optimized files.
- That's it! You now have a pdf version of your presentation. When loaded into Adobe Acrobat Reader, the presentation may be viewed using the Full Screen mode.
- One word of caution: Animations, depending on how you made them, might not be preserved in the pdf file. Please check your file for modifications and adjust your planned presentation accordingly!
- Posters will be mounted two per presentation board.
- Posters sizes must be under 4 ft. tall and up to 4 ft. wide.
- That's it!
Back to AMS/WSM 2005 home page
This web page last modified June 17, 2005 – pdr